Structure, organisations and key people
The Development Committee's role encompasses:
* Identifying and advising Australian Health Ministers' Advisory Council (AHMAC) on new and emerging population health issues, including disease trends, new technology and interventions, in consultation with other relevant bodies including Principal Committees as appropriate;
* Advising and making recommendations to AHMAC on development, implementation and evaluation of national policies, programs and priorities, in relation to population health outcomes, chronic disease and child health and wellbeing;
* Promoting alignment of health and related sector effort with agreed national priorities;
* Overseeing national activities and strengthening health development infrastructure and capacity nationally, including workforce, information and standards;
* Considering population health, chronic disease and child health and wellbeing issues which may impact on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health outcomes.
Last Reviewed: Report an error