Structure, organisations and key people
The role of NHIMPC is to advise AHMAC on planning and management requirements and to manage and allocate resources to health information projects and working groups.
* advise AHMAC on national priorities in IM&T;
* align the allocation of national resources with these national priorities and outcomes;
* accelerate development and adoption of information architectures and data standards;
* promote alignment of jurisdictional strategic plans and activities with agreed national priorities; and
* oversee national activities.
NHIMPC is a committee of government nominees that reflects the interests of governments which primarily funds, regulates and manages health information
* Develop a national health IM&T implementation plan that reviews the scope, funding, governance and timetabling of existing IM&T projects, in consultation with AHIC;
* Recommend national information requirements for:
* Health care delivery
* Monitoring population health,
* Health system management, planning and statistics
* Advise on technology planning and management requirements to support the national information requirements
* Manage and allocate resources to health information projects and working groups
* Endorse the work plans of Committees
* Promote alignment and collaboration at a local level
* Endorse national information standards; and
* Oversee the implementation and ongoing development of the National Health Information Agreement.
Last Reviewed: Report an error